Monday 28 January 2013

Moonlight Butterfly / Havel


1/28 - 5 Deaths / 25 Pushups

Affirmative Action!

Defeated the Moonlight Butterfly in 2 tries. OK, 3 tries. Almost used humanity to summon the backup chappie previous warriors had hinted at but decided against it. I can solo this bug. With the crest shield from the asylum I could block effectively. Only died because I tried rolling away from the slow strong attack instead of blocking. Used my first homeward bone from the victory perch atop the tower. Homeward Bone... possibly the first item ever named after sexual fidelity.



Used the new souls to level up twice, now capable of wielding the Black Knight's Sword. The strong attack is like a goddamn Falcon Punch. That will be the chant I call when I use it.

So, what's this basement key for? I think it's the door by the (dead) hydra in the basin. Yup works! Oh who's this he's looking heavily arm-. 5 pushups. Unable to block unless stamina at 100%. Went back for more, managed to stab him in the back. Normal attacks would take FOREVER. Died again (shield was down). Third try was it, 5-6 back stabs and we had it. Stepping in and away and circling nonstop was the key. Zero damage taken. Took Havel's ring (so, I guess I was fighting Havel?) then went upstairs. Ooo! Shortcut opened! 

I went back to Mr. Sunshine across the Taurus bridge. He's still just tanning.

Praise the Sun indeed...


Oh look, the red dragon has gone- *whooshy flame sound*. 5 pushups. Shit, I had 10K souls from the fight against Havel. Better go get those back off the bridge.

Decided against pissing off the dragon and wandered down under the bridge to Lower Burg. Killed some dogs, got stabbed in the back by sneaky bastards, decided to trust the locked-up chappie and he rewarded me with promise of spells at Firelink for letting him out. Had too many souls to brave wandering further into lower burg so went back up and bought Soul Arrow and Magic Weapon. Not enough intelligence for anything fancier. Wait, I can't even aim these soul arrows without lockon? Fuck it anyways, I only have one attunement slot and my swords be MAGIC now.

No comments:

Post a Comment