Wednesday 6 March 2013

Flushing New Londo

3/5 - 2 Deaths / 10 Pushups

Ghosts!

So luckily (probably thanks to Gold Serpent Ring) the ghosts drop Transient Curses fairly often. At least, when you can pick them up!

It was probably just more curses anyways...

Despite being lost a couple times, I found the two things I knew I wanted most; the composite bow and the firekeeper soul. I ALMOST put an arrow in the back of the Red Mage, but luckily decided to approach with caution instead and when he didn't attack, I realized I could speak to him.

Love the robe! I have the same one!
I drained the water, revealing an even COOLER looking New Londo Ruins, and when I realized those doors led to the Valley of the Drakes I was both impressed again at the level design and disappointed that it didn't flush those bastard drakes down the crevasse with the water.

So what happens if I pull this...

Brought to you by '2000 Flushes'

I ran into some skeletons that looked like the guys on the old Planet of the Apes movie, who had magic shields and a glowing punch attack. I think these were Darkwraiths because someone posted 'Beware of Darkwraith' in a doorway after I'd fought three of them.

THEN one of them connected the glowy punch when I was stunned and stole a humanity from me! Fucking Monkeys! I NEVER have spare humanity and they took TWO!

No, monkey that's MY HUMANITY!
I FINALLY found the final fog gate and went down and down a winding staircase. At the bottom I was about to jump off when I remembered red mage talking about Artorias and I thought; if this is the Abyss, I probably need the Artorias' ring. So I put it on and jumped...

I didn't die, so either it helped or I'm just awesome.

Strangely, another health bar was above the boss himself and the one across the middle (bunked up by the PC interface tweak) wasn't moving as I attacked. Nevertheless, this boss was easy. I killed the fucker with only one Estus flask used.

Aaaaand then he showed up again. I wasn't ready for this one and took a spear in the face to end tonight's gaming session.
Well this isn't so bad...

One final note from the Red Mage guy came to mind.

He said: "The Four Kings".

Well, shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment