Thursday 21 March 2013

Welcome to Oolacile

3/21 - 11 Deaths (2 Stupid) / 65 Push-ups


I vanquished Artorias! 

In the end, I had to be running nearly naked in order to cleanly dodge his attacks, but once I learned I was able to finally gain the upper hand. Again like the Stone Guardians of Royal Wood, LAST MINUTE dodging was the key - and my ever faithful Black Knight Greatsword brought him to his knees.

This was a very fun fight. I will surely return for Jolly Co-op!

I planted a summon sign near the sanctuary and wandered Royal Wood for awhile, hoping to help a poor soul with their own battle now that I'd learned the secret to conquering him, but the late hour and smaller PC community meant my offer went unaccepted.

I was also warned that I'd been gravelorded ('Disasters will remain until the host is vanquished' or something) but I never saw either the gravelord summon sign nor the red overpowered enemies either.

Eventually I gave up and went to Oolacile. There I found the PVP arenas, which were also empty. Damn you PC edition! Hopefully this weekend's Steam sale will aid things. Perhaps I need to jump back in at SL1.

This manly pose lasted a few minutes before I gave up on PVP.

I eventually gave up on MP for awhile and battled through Oolacile, progressing all the way to the elevator shortcut trigger.

I thought I'd try heading to offer Coop for Artorias one last time when I saw this:

Passing was impossible as the fog was impassable.

Why was there an impassable fog gate at the door to the boss area? I thought perhaps I had been invaded without a warning sign but nothing came of it and it eventually disappeared.

So, to hell with this. I dropped a red soapstone mark and played one round of PVP (died to a single mega-powerful backstab) and then I went to bed.

Oh, the stupid deaths? Instead of drawing my bow to snipe from one of the many narrow pathways, I swing my sword instead and plummeted to my doom. Then later I walked backwards off a roof while fighting some pumpkin-heads and waiting to be summoned. 

How embarassing.



No comments:

Post a Comment