Sunday 24 March 2013

The Dark of the Abyss

3/24 - 4 Deaths (1 Stupid) / 25 Push-ups

A short run tonight, but productive.

Learned that the elevator shortcut from Oolacile down to lower Oolacile descends at the speed of gravity. Therefore even if you step into the shaft a second after it departs, you will die. 10 Push-ups.

The RIGHT way to use an elevator.

I see glowing eyes. They follow me no matter what.

Maybe they're not hostile.

GHOSTS? They kinda look like humanities.

There are large and small ones. Sometimes in groups that look like families. I suddenly don't feel so good killing them.

Then they attacked me and I stopped feeling bad about it. Turns out, they drop humanities. LOTS of humanities.

I wandered the dark for some time, collecting quite a bit of humanity and even finding and rescuing (?) a very small and safe version of Sif. He left me a badass shield that doesn't protect physical damage very well but looks awesome for screenshots. See below.

I was glad to find a shortcut back to Royal Wood from the deep dark Abyss, but now is not the time for backtracking.

More descending and I found a fog door. Too soon for a boss?

Why do I always get dropped? I'm going to sprain an ankle if this keeps up.
Nope.

I don't suppose you're any nicer than the rest of the locals.
This guy seems reasonable. I think I'll be able to sort him out within a few lives. Artorias' shield will not make sense for this fight. Probably neither will heavy armor. Alas the bonfire was not close, so this fight will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment