Wednesday 6 February 2013

Failing to Defend the Forest

2/5 - 11 Deaths (1 Stupid) / 60 Push-ups

I wandered into Darkroot to try another round at the sealed forest area. I had a feeling it was doable. Succeeded in defeating some NPCs and found the cat. Joined the covenant and put on the ring and encountered my first PVP almost instantly when I started invading others as a forest protector.

Like a certain cat from Wonderland

I got my ass kicked. People had bind spells, something that seemed to make them bounce off me, swords that poisoned and couldn't be blocked by shields...  all kinds of cool tricks I'd never seen before. I got in a few good hits but my Black Knight Sword was outclassed all day.

Get it? Even a dumbass hero could kick my sorry butt.

I stayed around for about six rounds, got my ass kicked every single time. I gave up and moved on to continue through the forest itself. I ran into my old buddies the Goombas, who were not hostile (except the two big ones, but I ignored them rather than risk breaking my covenant).


Oh look, giant door. Guess that means it's boss time! Took 4 tries to learn the moves of what was one of the most interesting designs ever. A giant wolf... WITH A SWORD!? Goddamn it he was cool as hell. I want him as my sidekick. Sil is the first enemy I felt bad for killing in this game. Especially with the limping at the end... :(

Beautiful.
In reading about the Forest Hunters I learned I could buy weapons off that eastern dude in Blighttown so I went back to that wretched place (goddamnit) to spend my souls from Sil. A fly disoriented me on the wooden walkways and I fell to my death. Fourty Three Thousand Souls sitting and waiting in Blighttown while I respawned in Undead Parish. SHIT. Time for a slow, careful walk....





No comments:

Post a Comment