Saturday 23 February 2013

Exiting Ariamis

2/23 - 2 Deaths / 10 Push-ups

This time I approached the phalanx with caution, using the stairs as a funnel. King Leonidas would have been proud at how I drew them in and eliminated them with the excellent range of the Demon Spear.

An excellent defensive posture... which they don't maintain.

That victory opened up a shortcut to the bonfire which was great. More exploring and I'd collected some new magician armor, tons of soul items and a key to the abbey. I found what I had thought I'd heard were some of the toughest enemies in the game in the Wheel Skeletons, but found them to be simple and easily bested. Perhaps the environment was on my side, I admit that a bridge would be a terrible place to meet them and don't hope for it in the future.
Goddamn the crows grow big in these parts.

I had to retrace my steps a few times because I learned the way to open the door to the boss was via a lever I'd missed and I didn't know how to proceed without checking a guide. Embarrassing!

Finally coming face to face with Priscilla, she offered me a peaceful parting which seemed a bit surprising considering how unwelcoming the rest of her painted world was.

She's mostly peaceful... but that scythe is intimidating as hell

I checked out the plank to see the way home, still undecided of whether to take her out or leave in peace. I didn't realize however that there was a trigger to a cutscene on the bridge...

I'm either going home, or I'm going to die

I can return via bonfire warp it seems, so I may return if I so desire. I would like to take out the zombie dragon but had too few arrows at the time.

A bit more testing of the bonfire warp took me to Undead Parish where Andre took my dark ember for future use (if I ever figure out how).

I also went to darkroot to get the black bow, but it's so far below my Longbow +8 that I don't know if I'll bother with upgrading it.

Not sure where to go next. Catacombs, New Londo Ruins, elsewhere? Frampt was asleep so I couldn't see what he thought about having ended O&S.

WHAT THE HELL! IT'S 4AM?!

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment