Thursday 7 February 2013

The not-so-great hollow

2/6 - 15 Deaths / 75 Push-ups

"I wonder what's under this tree?"

I mentioned once that I had a guide slash mentor who has already defeated the game. I think he feels that I've been having too easy a time.

"Go into the great hollow" he said.
"You'll be fine" he said.

This is where I usually start to die

Well a handful of falls when trying to reach items wasn't too bad. The little frog guys aren't too bad. Even dying when discovering that being outside the forest means the goombas are hostile was not too bad.

But being cursed really sucks.

It took 4-5 more attempts to reach the bottom. I had to outrun the daddy goombas because I had trouble killing them by isolation and luring. The fog gate was a welcome sight with the mushrooms bearing down on me from behind.

Ash Lake is gorgeous.

The hydra was a battle I was happy to replay but being cursed meant a much harder time. Five flasks was proving insufficient, so I decided to use a twin humanity to kindle.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

This game can be heartless.

"There's the hydra; slice his throat! ... and grab his scrote"
I finally put down the hydra but haven't ventured much farther yet. For such a secret place, I hope for something good... Something other than the 6 dragon scales; I don't even use my drake sword anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment